Connect with us

News

Strictly Come Dancing 2021: All you need to know

Published

on

Strictly Come Dancing 2021

Strictly Come Dancing has confirmed the 2021 contestants, professional dancers and new judging panel ahead of the shows return on Saturday 18.

 

Excitement for the launch of Strictly Come Dancing 2021 is building as the BBC announce new professional dancers, a re-vamped judging panel and the celebrity contestants who will be participating in this 19th series of the show.

 

The show begins Saturday 18 but celebs won’t begin to compete for the glitterball trophy in live shows until the weekend after.

 

Tom Fletcher, McFly band member and author, was the first to confirm his place in this year’s lineup

 

He will be joined by Olympic gold medallist swimmer, Adam Peaty, actor Greg Wise, soap stars Katie McGlynn and Nina Wadia and strictly’ first deaf actress Rose Ayling-Ellis.

 

Also, ready to put on their dancing shoes are TikTok sensation, and Gordon Ramsay’s daughter, Tilly Ramsay, former rugby player Ugo Monye, comedians Judi Love and Robert Webb alongside Dragons Den entrepreneur Sara Davies.

 

TV presenters AJ Odudu, Rhys Stephenson and Dan Walker are also among those preparing to step foot on the dancefloor.

 

In another Strictly first the Great British Bake Off winner, John Whaite, is set to make up the first allmale dancing couple on the show.

 

But it’s not just the celebrities who are new additions to Strictly this year. Four new professional dancers are also experiencing the magic for the first time.

 

Strictly Come Dancing Judges 2021: Credit BBC

 

Kai Widdrington, Jowita Przystal, Cameron Lombard and Nikita Kuzmin complete the professional team after strictly favourites, such as Anton Du Beke and Janette Manrara, are set to fulfil nondancing roles on the show this series.

 

In last year’s series, after being voted off the show early, Anton joined the judging panel for a limited number of episodes.

 

This year Anton will become a permanent fixture to the judging panel in place of Bruno Tonioli who can not travel due to coronavirus restrictions.

 

He will be sat alongside head judge Shirley Ballas, Motsi Mabuse and Criag Revel Horwood.

 

Due to the ease in coronavirus restrictions, there will be a limited live audience permitted this season after the show had to go-ahead without in-person viewers last year due to the pandemic.

 

In 2020, contestants formed ‘bubbles’ with their dance partners to ensure safety of the cast and crew.

 

In 2020, contestants formed ‘bubbles’ with their dance partners to ensure safety of the cast and crew.

 

Fortunately, they were able to reunite at the finale show where they performed an ‘extra special last dance’.

 

What are your thoughts on this years lineup?

 

Story: Brooke Murphy: 19th September 2021

 

 

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Entertainment

Deborah James Awarded Damehood After Raising Over £3,000,000 for Charity

Published

on

Deborah James has said she is ‘blown away’ after being made a Dame for her tireless campaigning for cancer charities.

The inspirational broadcaster and author announced earlier this week that she is receiving hospice care at home after stopping her cancer treatment, and has said she ‘could have weeks to live at most’.

In recent days, the You, Me & The Big C host has raised over £3million for charities that have helped her over the past five years, through her Bowelbabe Fund.

After calls for her to receive the Royal honour, it has been revealed that Deborah is now officially Dame Deborah James.

‘I don’t know what to say. I’m blown away and feel incredibly honoured,’ she said reacting to the news.

She added ‘I don’t feel like I deserve this. I can’t tell you what this means to my family, it’s so much to take in.’

Her husband Sebastien Bowen, said the public support of the fundraiser has ‘brought a piercing ray of light and hope into this, the darkest of times’, adding that the Damehood is ‘so truly deserved’.

Downing Street said the Queen was ‘pleased to approve the honour of damehood’ be bestowed upon Deborah James.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson hailed Dame Deborah as an figure of inspiration to the country.

‘If ever an honour was richly deserved, this is it,’ the leader said.

‘Deborah has been an inspiration and her honesty, warmth and courage has been a source of strength to so many people.’

Thank you for all your incredible work.

Continue Reading

featured

EuroMillions: UK ticket holder claims £184m jackpot

Published

on

One lucky ticket-holder’s life has changed forever after winning the £184million EuroMillions jackpot. It means they have become the biggest ever National Lottery winner, operator Camelot has said.

Whoever they are, they have knocked the anonymous winner of £170million in October 2019 off the top spot. They have also become the National Lottery’s 14th winner of more than £100million.

The winner, who is yet to be named, is also the second person in the UK to win the EuroMillions jackpot this year, after someone bagged £109million in February.

The winning numbers were 3, 25, 27, 28 and 29 – plus the Lucky Star numbers 4 and 9. One ticket matched all seven numbers to win £184,262,899.10.

Senior winners’ adviser for the National Lottery, Andy Carter said: “What an amazing night for one UK ticket-holder who has scooped the incredible £184million EuroMillions jackpot – they have become the UK’s biggest ever National Lottery winner.”

The claim will now go through a validation process to ensure terms and conditions are met and once the ticket has been validated the winner can choose whether or not to remain anonymous.

What would you do with all that money?

Continue Reading

featured

Baby P’s Killer Mum Tracey Connelly Set for Prison Release after Judge Gives Green Light

Published

on

Tracey Connelly, the mother of Baby P, who died after months of abuse, will be released from prison after the Parole Board rejected a Government challenge against its ruling.

The decision comes after Justice Secretary Dominic Raab appealed against the recommendation to free Tracey Connelly from prison.

Connelly was jailed at the Old Bailey in 2009 for causing or allowing the death of her 17-month-old son Peter at their home in Tottenham, north London, on August 3 2007.

Dominic Raab said the decision demonstrated why the system “needs a fundamental overhaul – including a ministerial check for the most serious offenders”.

Now 40, this was Connelly’s fourth parole review after she was released on licence in 2013 but recalled to prison in 2015 for breaching her parole conditions by “developing intimate personal relationships” online and inciting another resident at her accommodation to engage in “inappropriate sexualised behaviour”.

In a statement, the Parole Board said: “In summary, the judge has concluded that the panel did take into consideration all evidence mentioned by the application and made rational conclusions.

“The reconsideration decision clarifies that the weight given to the evidence given by the Secretary of States witnesses, who supported release, and the proposed external controls, was proportionate and the reasons were clearly outlined in the decision letter.

“The final ground on the rationality of the outcome was also rejected on the grounds of not reaching the threshold, as defined by law, for becoming unreasonable.”

The Parole Board, which is independent of government, received a formal request to review the decision to free Connelly last week.

Continue Reading

Trending